Bullying is repeated behaviour that is meant to hurt someone. No one should have to put up with being bullied.
It is important to provide children with the skills to recognise bullying and what they can do about it.
Teach your children about bullying using our handy topic guide!
- Use this information sheet to help children talk about their experiences and feelings around bullying.
- We have lots of ideas for using the advert Rock, Paper, Scissors to discuss bullying.
- If you are using the book Secret Friends, try some of our suggestions.
- Use a sheet of paper to demonstrate the effects of bullying in this activity.
- Get your children up on their feet with this active discussion game from One day creative.
- This drama activity for younger children can help them identify what they might be feeling.
- Download our Anti-Bullying pack; it is full of resources to help tackle the issue.
- BBC Teach has plenty of anti-bullying resources to explore on this page.
- BullyingUK have resources, including a comic strip activity and flashcards available to download.
- Visit The Literacy Shed for short films to use to discuss bullying.
- The Children’s Commissioner for Wales have produced a range of super anti-bullying resources.
- When bullying happens online, it is known as cyberbullying.
- The word “bully” used to mean someone you were very fond of, like “darling”; the meaning changed in the 17th century.
- Lots of famous people were bullied as children, including famous actor Jennifer Lawrence and the singer Rhianna.
- Online games and social media sites have tools that let you block and report anyone who is cyberbullying.
No Matter How, No Matter Where, Bullying is not okay!
This short video from Bullies Out helps children to identify bullying and get support.
Running time: 1:55
Primary school children share their understanding of respect.
Running time: 1:40
Conflict vs Bullying
Use this video to discuss with younger children the difference between conflict and bullying.
Running time: 3:09
Nadiya’s bullying story
Nadiya shares her experience on online bullying.
Running time: 2:07
Are you teaching your children about other topics? Explore our full collection of guides!