Learn about the Pirates by sharing our exciting eBook with your children! Includes thirty pages full of information and lots of accompanying activity sheets and display resources to reinforce their understanding of this exciting topic.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today.
- One Thirty Page eBook - A PDF ebook that can be shown on an interactive whiteboard, used for independent research on computers / tablet devices or printed to use in lessons / guided reading sessions. Full of child-friendly information about pirates with colour images and a glossary explaining relevant vocabulary.
- Fifteen Activity Sheets - A selection of activities, linked to the information in the book. The resources help to reinforce children's knowledge of pirate clothes, flags, jobs, meals, rules and ships and also include a quiz and vocabulary activity!
- One Crossword and One Wordsearch - Fun activities to help children to review their pirate vocabulary. All words are linked to the eBook's glossary and answers are included for teachers!
- One Set of Display Letters - A set of A4 pages, spelling out the word Pirates, to use on class display boards.
- Three Classroom Banners - Eye-catching banners to add to your class displays, showing ordinary pirates, famous pirates and pirate ships.
- Seven Pirate Posters - Colourful cartoon posters showing a selection of different pirates to decorate your classroom!
- One Interactive Pirate Ship Display Resource - A poster showing an image of a pirate ship. Print it out, stick it together and challenge your pupils to label it with our printable labels!
Comments from Teachers...
'Fantastic Pirates Pack -- we are really enjoying it!' - Mona.
'The Pirates book is fab – a really good resource. The glossary is one of the best seen and in really good child-speak language.' - Jo.
Preview the Resources...
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Pirates Pack.
Become a member today for just £15
and you can download all of our current and future packs for a year!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Reviews from our members:
Fantastic resource for KS1
I have used this pack during this final term with my class of Year 2s. They have loved it. They have enjoyed reading parts of the book. We have learnt a little about geography looking at where pirates were found. We have learnt some gruesome facts about the man who was made to eat his own ear and it has helped a very stressed out teacher to learn information very quickly. Some of my lower ability found some of the words hard to read and having some differentiation would have made it perfect but we all just loved this.
Useful pack for Key Stage 1
I loved using this review with my 8year olds. I enjoyed the fact that most of the materials I needed were collated and the children enjoyed using the colourful resources as aids to find information to help them with art and display work.
good for KS2
I used this with a group of 7-8 EAL pupils and realised the complexity of the language used in this topic. The visuals provided here were very helpful. There are lots of fiction books to stimulate and the non fiction text here adds depth to the knowledge about real pirates. There are some good word level activities aimed at older or more linguistically able children.
When one of my home educated children chose pirates as a project, I must admit I panicked a bit. Until, I found this fantastic resource that I could structure our topic around. The children really enjoyed it and there were things to occupy all of them, even the youngest.
saving time with fab resources
I have just started pirates with my year 1 / 2 class. the children had great fun today labelling he picture of the pirate ship and finding all the different explanations. I was a able to differentiate by giving different amounts of words and explanations to each group. after spending days it seems looking for suitable resources on other sights this one proved the best. I shall enjoy exploring the other packs available.
Brilliant Pirates Information
I used this with my class of Primary 4s last year and can't wait to use it again this year. The children loved the booklet and chose it from the bookshelf during free reading time. The graphics are second to none. I also used the book on the Interactive Whiteboard as a demonstration/teaching lesson - the diagram of a pirate ship was particularly useful for this.
Great for relief teaching
This is my 'go to' resource for relief teaching. It has everything I need for a lesson when there is nothing left by the classroom teacher. The kids love anything pirates, so it's always a hit. So much information to give a good background on pirates, which leads to so many simple activity options, like writing a pirate diary or designing their own pirate ship. Highly recommended!
Just finished using this pack. The class thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did I. Full of interesting facts which we could expand by doing extra research. I learnt a lot !!! Another excellent pack.
I've been doing pirates in class for a couple of years now, and it wasn't until I saw your picture of the ship with the words that I've realised how I haven't thought the pirate module through. Instead of starting with the pirates, I'm using the ship as the starting point for discussion and for putting on the labels, and then asking who would sail in such a ship, what are they like and so on, etc. The ship has provided the perfect starting point for my class - many thanks
Great Pirate Resource!
Used this pack on "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"
My third graders loved it and enjoyed learning the many different aspects of pirate life. The graphics were great - pirate but not scary! The writing activities decorated our bulletin boards and many people commented on how nice it looked. Will be using it for years to come!