Help your children to listen to others, remember what has been said and follow instructions with our range of Listening Skills resources! Includes a collection of enjoyable, practical activities and downloadable audio files!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Five 'True or False?' Audio Activities - Look at the images and listen to the statements in the audio recordings. Which are true and which are false?
- Six Drawing Challenges - Can your children follow the audio instructions to draw the correct shapes and symbols in the correct boxes?
- Four Instructions Challenges - Ask your students to listen to the audio instructions carefully and move the counters into the correct positions on the grid!
- Eight Sequences Challenges - Listen to the sequence of words / sounds and answer the questions. Will your children remember the correct order?
- Five Story Challenges - Challenge your children to listen to these stories and then answer the questions to test what they remember. Includes differentiated answer sheets.
- Sixty 'Yes or No?' game cards - Will your children be able to work out the hidden objects by asking questions and listening carefully to the answers? Includes a large set of cards that you can use to play the game.
- Forty 'Silly Sentences' - Will your children be able to listen carefully to each other, in order to pass a silly sentence around the group? Includes a large collection of sentences that you can use to get started.
- Seventy-two 'What am I describing?' cards - An enjoyable speaking and listening game that can be played in pairs, small groups or as a whole class. Use our cards for your games, or use the blank template to make your own!
- Six Sound Hunting Resources - Go on a 'sound hunt' with your class! Explore different areas and listen carefully to the sounds that you can hear. Use our printable sheets to sort the sounds into different categories and draw or write them into the correct spaces.
- Four 'How to be a Good Listener' Posters - A set of posters to teach your students how to be good listeners. Includes blank versions so that you can add your own text.
- Eleven Reward Resources - Use our handy certificates, reward notes and charts to praise your children for their amazing listening skills!
- Three Display Banners - A collection of display banners to use on your Listening Skills displays!
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Listening Skills Pack.
and you can download all of our current and future packs for a year!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Reviews from our members:
Thank you for some great resources. The fact that they have the audio track as well is an added bonus. I am using them for my Tutor group once a week as they have auditory memory problems. The variety of activities and resources is excellent value for money.
Just what I've been looking for!
I've been looking for activities like this for ages, but anything else I've found hasn't been quite right. This is perfect for me, a PSA or a supply teacher to do with the class (and will also be good for older learners with specific issues in listening/following instructions)and it has everything, even down to a sound file with the instructions! The fact it's the computer, not the adult reading the instructions will really force the children to listen, as there can be no 'oh, can you just tell me number 3 again?' A brilliant resource, thank you.
his pack has everything you need to help your class improve heir listening skills! Most of the activities are lots of fun and the students love to do them!!
Importance of listening
I really love this teaching pack as there are so many different useful resources and I think listening is so important and sometimes is not addressed enough at school. Pupils like the listening challenges as they are a lot of fun. I also like the listening reward sheets as they make life as a teacher much easier. I would like to have another teaching pack on the topic of developing listening skills!
Can't wait to use this in my new class! For years my biggest problem in the classroom has been a lack of listening skills. I find it difficult to teach so this pack is really going to help me as well as my students.
This pack contains a variety of different listening activities, many of which are mp3 files and corresponding activities. Therefore, you can simply press play and let the voice on the recording do all the work for you while you wander and observe your students. This is also great, because it offers a different voice for your students to hear and not just yours all the time.
My Kindergarten/Year 1 students had enjoyed the Listening Pack last year and plan on integrating it again this year. I recommend using it with your class, it also improved their concentration. A favourite was pass a silly sentence.
Working with a group of low ability / SEN year5/6 children who all struggle with listening skills. This pack was great for saving time and for giving some good ideas of how to approach the issue!
I love this pack because as an ESL teacher, listening is a crucial part of the learning process for my students.The pack has great activity ideas and materials that made it easier to get the children more aware of how important listening really is and made my job in getting the idea across much easier.
Such a great, unique idea. I haven't seen any other packs like this and yet listening skills are so important and something that we expect the children to have naturally. A great resource to help children realise for themselves they need to be listening. Thank you Teaching Packs.