The Fractions Pack includes a huge collection of activity resources, teaching guides and display materials to make fractions a bit less scary for your class!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today.
- A Seventeen page guide to Fractions - Let Fractionstein teach your children about fractions with our PDF guide. Use it as a whole class teaching tool by sharing it on a large display, let children use it as an eBook on individual devices or print the pages and use them on your classroom walls! This is also available in a smaller card format for individual reference during lessons.
- Three Sets of Fractions Vocabulary Cards - Twenty-four cards that explain key vocabulary linked to fractions. Blank versions are also available, so that children can make their own and discuss possible definitions.
- Seventy-Eight Fractions Posters - A huge collection of posters showing every fraction from one whole (1/1) to twelve twelfths (12/12) using words, numbers and shapes. A great reference tool for your classroom, these posters could also be used as an activity resource! These are also available in a smaller card format.
- Seventy-Eight Fractions, Decimals and Percentages Posters - Posters showing the relationship between fractions, decimals and percentages for all fractions between one whole and twelve twelfths. They could also be cut up and used as a matching activity. Also available as smaller cards.
- Sixty Activity Sheets - A huge set of activity sheets to reinforce children's understanding of different fractions skills.
- Six Fraction Walls - A variety of fraction walls, in large and small sizes, showing different fractions and helping children to understand and compare their sizes.
- Two Fractions Bookmarks - Printable bookmarks showing the comparative sizes of a range of fractions. Also includes a version that compares fractions, decimals and percentages.
- One Set of Fractions Dominoes - Play dominoes by matching the fractions, decimals and percentages!
- One Set of Fractions Follow Me Cards - Challenge your class to work together to solve the fractions, decimals and percentages questions on these follow me cards.
- Two Sets of Fractions Snap Cards - Play snap and match the equivalent fractions. A version with fractions, decimals and percentages is also included.
- Two 'Fractions on a Number Line' Resources - Challenge your pupils to position different fractions in the correct place on a number line. Includes all fractions from 1/2 to 12/12.
- Three Display Banners - A selection of banners to decorate your classroom displays.
Preview the Resources...
Become a member today for just £15
and you can download all of our current and future packs for a year!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Reviews from our members:
Good but could be imoroved
This is a very comprehensive pack including lots of really useful resources. However, it could be improved because the activity sheets have far too many questions on and don't have any element of challenge on them. Perhaps reduce the number of questions and include more challenge activities that allow the children to practise the skills taught.
I have used the fractions pack with year 3. It was very clear which supported my teaching and the children's grasp of the concept of fraction.
This is a really helpful resource with lots of facts and information in clear to understand language. I love the fact that can get the information on smaller cards and not just on A4 sheets as I don't have a lot of wall space in my classroom. As a junior school teacher I would have loved to have the fraction cards set out so I could just print 1 or 2 pages and have had a whole, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9th and 1/10th. Instead to get the card with each of those fractions on I had to print almost every page. A small grumble, and I'm sure they'll come in useful later anyway!
Gotta love Fractionstein!
Fractionstein was the best thing ever to hook the kids in my class to learning about fractions!
Thank you for your help by creating a much loved resource!
This Fractions Pack is a lifesaver! I tutor a girl and I was struggling for information on how to teach fractions in a fun and simple way and this pack does the trick. With games to play and sheets to fill in this is an excellent resource and look forward to using it when I am on placement.
Helpful resource for a tricky topic
I love all the packs on this site but I have to say fractions are always a struggle for 5th class and this pack just makes it that more interesting for them to work with fractions in a fun way!
I discovered Teaching Packs quite by accident one day while searching for worksheets and other teaching ideas and help as a homeschooling learning coach for my 10 year old grandson and I am so glad I found your site, I have many of your packs now but I must say that the fractions pack has been amazing. My grandson has been having trouble with fractions and this pack broke everything down to make fractions easier to understand. we are starting 5th grade and will be pulling out the fractions pack for help and review. Thank you Teaching Packs for your great imaginative ways that you present all of the materials and the great colors and the wide range of topics you already have.
I am currently teaching my class fractions, and your pack has made it so much easier for the children to understand. The illustrations are appealing and help the children grasp what fractions are all about. It has also been a huge time saver for me, not having to re-invent the wheel. Thanks for another awesome pack.
My class groaned when I said it was time to work on fractions. However, after I went through the powerpoint to gauge the levels in the composite class, they began to enjoy themselves. Explained well and with good examples and the little booklet with hints from Fractionstein helped the whole class and myself get through our fractions work. Thank you!
I have a group of disengaged year 5 boys- some girls struggle with fractions too, but this pack was really engaging and they caught on really quickly. I used the powerpoint as an introduction to each lesson stopping and starting as needed- going to the percentage and decimal packs now. Cheers