Extend your children's comprehension skills with this enormous teaching and activity resource pack! Includes a range of quality texts with differentiated questions that challenge your students to find, summarise, make inferences and deductions, predict and more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Ten Page Comprehension Guide - A handy guide to different comprehension skills that you can share with your children. Includes information about reading skills, making connections, asking questions, checking the text, visualising, summarising, inference, deduction and more! Display this resource on an interactive whiteboard or print it our for reference / display purposes.
- One HUGE list of Comprehension Questions - A collection of example questions that you can use as prompts when discussing texts with the children in your class. Students could also use these to come up with their own comprehension questions about a text that they have read.
- Nine Sets of Comprehension Challenges - A wide variety of texts with related comprehension questions. Each text / answer sheet is differentiated three ways with answers for teachers.
- Twenty Puzzling Pictures - Twenty intriguing images with a variety of question prompts to encourage your children to look closely, interpret the situation and make connections and inferences.
- Twenty 'What can you see, infer and ask?' Image Prompts - A set of twenty pictures for your children to explore. Ask them to look carefully at each image and then identify what they can see, what they can infer and then think about what they would like to ask to find out more information.
- Twenty 'What do you know? What can you infer? What would you like to ask?' Challenges - Read each passage of text and ask your children to identify what they know, what they can infer and what they would like to ask. Twenty different passages are available.
- Twenty 'What Happens Next?' Prompts - A useful set of resources to support your children's prediction skills. Can they work individually or together to use the information in the images / text and identify what might happen next? Different versions are available with space for one prediction... or with spaces for three. Which of these do your children think is most likely to happen (and why)? Also available in an editable format so that you can add your own picture or text prompts.
- Four 'My Prediction Chart' Resources - Printable tables that ask children to record their predictions for a text (in the form of images or text) with separate spaces to describe what actually happened.
- Four 'Comprehension Review' Templates - A handy resource that challenges your students to think carefully about the texts that they are reading. Can they identify the characters / settings and summarise the plot? Can they find and define any new / unfamiliar vocabulary? Can they relate the text to other stories or experiences in their life? What questions would they like to ask about it?
- Ten Storygram Activities - Help your children to visualise what they are reading with our Instagram-themed activity! Ask your students to read the text and draw an image that represents what they have just read. An editable version is also available so you can add your own text.
- Thirty-Six Fiction Question Cards - A set of question cards that you can use to discuss different aspects of a fiction text with your children. Also available as a single list of questions for teachers.
- Five Summary Templates - Help your children to identify the main events in stories and other texts using our five different templates.
- One Comprehension Certificate - Reward your children for their comprehension skills with our certificate. Also available as an editable document with suggested reward messages.
- One Set of Comprehension Bookmarks - A collection of bookmarks that your children can refer to when they are reading. Includes a range of questions to encourage them to analyse the text in different ways, with an editable document so that you can change the questions.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Comprehension Pack.
and you can download all of our current and future packs for a year!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Reviews from our members:
The comprehension packages covers an extension range of materials. It is especially helpful for 1st timer who has no experience in coaching their kid. The comprehension guide is excellent!It certainty give me an insight in guiding my child. Thank you!
Comprehensive comprehension materials
I was particularly looking forward to this set and it certainly didn't disappoint . Inference and interesting materials for the children to work with are always challenging. Biggest challenge now is to select the specific materials needed for each lesson. Our photocopying and printing budget is severely limited. Yes I live in Austerity Britain!!!
Really useful time saver and some creative and interesting ideas - I especially love the puzzling pictures and the inference ideas - gets them to realise that comprehension is an every day activity and they are doing it all the time. Thanks.
I love all the packs on this site, they save me time as a busy teacher and well worth the money. The latest one I have been using is the comprehension pack- especially the 'what can you see infer' and 'what do you know infer'. My class were awful with Inference and I used one of these every morning at the start of the day and by the end of the first two weeks my children showed so much progress with inference - fantastic resource thank you!
Love this pack. Great difffentiation lovely images. I use them in Guided Reading sessions.
I have found the Comprehension Pack very worthwhile. It is cleverly put together with the critical thinking skills necessary for Reading comprehension and it applies to many year levels. the posters are beautifully produced and highly engaging. The powerpoint is succinct and spot on. I have printed this out for ready referral during class time. Very worthwhile like all the teaching packs produced by this company.
I love using the Comprehension pack with my Year 4/5 composite class in Australia. The pictures are bright and engaging and I especially love the inference pictures and questions.I actually use lots of teaching Packs units in my classroom. I usually display them for my class to see on my smartboard and they are excellent teaching resources!
Super resource to support guided reading sessions
This is very useful for guided reading sessions. It will help children to develop their comprehension skills and save me planning time too.
Thank you so much for the brilliant comprehension pack. I particularly like the use of pictures to practise the skills of prediction and inference. I also like the differentiated fiction and non-fiction reading texts.
This is a great pack as it helps focus on the key skills of reading beyond decoding. This will help TAs and children to understand the many layers of becoming a confident and able reader. Thank you.