Help your children to learn about the area and perimeter of shapes with our bumper resource pack. Includes a variety of classroom teaching, display and activity resources to introduce the topic to your children and then extend their knowledge and skills!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources as soon as they are ready!
- One Fifteen Page Guide to Area and Perimeter - A comprehensive guide to the topic that you can use for whole class teaching purposes. This editable Powerpoint (and PDF) could also be printed for independent research / reference or for use on your classroom displays.
- Eighty Area and Perimeter Challenges - A huge collection of challenge cards to help your children review their area and perimeter skills!
- Ten 'Calculate the Area' Challenges - Can your children work out the area of these shapes. Includes a variety of shapes (at different levels of difficulty) including rectangles, triangles, compound shapes, parallelograms and more. Answers are also included.
- Twelve 'Calculate the Perimeter' Challenges - Give your children a chance to work out the perimeters of these shapes (including rectangles, triangles and more). Also includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Ten 'Calculate the Area and Perimeter' Challenges - Ask your students to work out the area and perimeter of these shapes. Available with different shapes and a variety of difficulty levels, with answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Ten 'Farmer's Field' Investigations - Challenge your children to design new fields for the farmer that have a specific area or perimeter. Ten variations are available (at different levels of difficulty) with squared paper templates to use for working out the solutions.
- Two Playground Plans - Can your children calculate the area and perimeter of each piece of playground equipment? Two different playground plans are included (with squares / rectangles or compound shapes) and a blank version is also available so your children can design their own!
- Five Mechanical Maths Challenges - Ask your pupils to calculate the area and perimeter of each body part on these robots! A blank version is also included so that they can design their own.
- Fifteen 'When do we use Area and Perimeter?' Posters - A set of fifteen posters that give examples of people using area and perimeter outside of the classroom. Can your children think of any more?
- Two Area and Perimeter Posters - Two handy posters to help your children remember the difference between the area and the perimeter of a shape.
- Five Area and Perimeter Display Banners - A set of eye-catching banners to add to the Maths display boards in your classroom.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Area and Perimeter Pack.
and you can download all of our current and future packs for a year!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Reviews from our members:
Delighted with "bonus" of marvellous photos in the Area & Perimeter and Angles Packs! Interesting, creative and real life applications enhance the displays. Many thanks!
Area & Perimeter Review
This is a very useful Pack. I love your characters - so clear - the students also relate to them. The use of a farm and its various characters gives this pack great practical applications. The many activities are very useful. This Pack is useful for Primary and struggling Lower-Middle Secondary classes.
Area and Perimeter Pack
What an inspiring start to the week! I have just downloaded the Area and Perimeter Pack. The illustrations are great fun and transform what can be a confusing area for children into delightful learning! I shall be revising some of the less familiar concepts myself, as I haven't used these since my own school days. With your clear guidelines, I shall now feel confident to teach this complete subject area. Thank you once again, for a delightful source of teaching inspiration!
Area and Perimeter
Just downloaded this pack and it's fantastic. Big, bright colourful graphics with clear explanations. Love it.